The Ultimate Infocom Project?

So… What’s going with this now? It would be cool to finish this, as well as new Infocom Reboot games - Bureaucracy, Milliways, Hypochondriac - off the top of my head. :grin:

EDIT: I forgot about Abyss. (And Timesync, though that wasn’t even started.)

1 Like

Well, It would be cool to finish this. But I havn’t started yet (unfortunately).

There’s still The Infocom Files available where much of the work are started and documented. I’ve got access to that project a while back so that’s also an alternative.

Time will tell…

1 Like

I had started down the road of recreating The Lurking Horror using our ZILF libraries, I had all the rooms included and connected up too, I seem to remember I was having problems recreating the elevator. Then my drive failed and I lost the lot. :sob:

What I’ve noticed a few times now is that the games seem to be over-engineered in parts and the effect they were going for can be achieved in a simpler way. One example is the trap door in Zork. By just noting down when and why the door stays open you can recreate it with a couple of flags whereas the original is a labyrinthine combination of various situations. It’s just not needed.

I wouldn’t mind organising an effort to bring another unreleased Stu Galley game into life. The Spy one, I can’t remember the name right now.

4 Likes

Checkpoint… That’s the one. I had a look at it some years ago on my channel.

3 Likes

Sincerely feel you there. My laptop was crushed beyond recovery recently and I lost soo soooo much. I had backed up all my important files to a thumb drive, that I brilliantly kept in my laptop bag. It, also, did not survive.

I feel your pain.

5 Likes