"The Statue Got Me High" supplemental material

Hopefully this is an appropriate venue for me to thank Peter Pears for reviewing my game and revealing its Die Zauberflöte-esque hidden meanings. It’s very gratifying for someone to finally get the “joke” or “puzzle” behind something, especially on top of of previous reactions to the game on its other levels, and I really appreciated the review.

To complement Peter’s interpretation I took it upon myself to make a list of They Might Be Giants references in the game. If you’re a TMBG fan, you can make your own list after playing through the game and then use mine as a checklist to see if you missed any. (If you notice any references that aren’t on my list, they probably aren’t intentional, but you should let me know so that I can add them to my list and pretend that they are.)

I actually thought of “that scene in Amadeus” while playing this game, but I never connected the two. I’m grateful for Peter’s reviews to make things clearer now.

Wow, you actually waited for someone to come out and talk about the “Mozart” reading, keeping mum about it all the time? You have amazing self-control. Certainly more than I do.

Also, thank you for the kind words re my review. The pleasure, I assure you, was all mine. :slight_smile: