The Second Round of Game Updates for the 2011 IF Competi

I’m hesitant to get involved in this, but I still don’t understand why anyone would do such a thing. Ok, you might do it if your only goal in participating to the comp is to find and exploit loopholes, but there’s no way that anyone could improve their final score by doing something like this. Judging by the reactions here any update that would go against the spirit of the rule would be severely punished by the judges. Any potential benefit from getting higher points from anyone who doesn’t notice the switch would be overwhelmingly negated by the general reaction (there are not that many voters and word travels fast.)

And if you really have made two different games, what’s the point in trying to switch between them mid-comp? Wouldn’t it be much more reasonable to submit them both in the first place?

So I’m not sure why there’s such an outrage over a potential abuse that would not have any positive effect to anyone who would use it.

It’s funny that YOU talk about people abusing rules. You have a game running in this competition and you have insulted me as a “mud-slinger”. You better control yourself, mud-slinger. Remember, I’m a judge and I can do the ring trick on you! At first I thought you were serious, because you agreed with me. But now that you called me a “mud-slinger” I don’t take you seriously.

Mm.