The Ryan Veeder Exposition for Good Interactive Fiction

Or at the UNPROCESSED section of the archive. [emote];)[/emote]

ifarchive.org/if-archive/unproce … Off.gblorb

Hi Hulk, I played that in Parchment (and really enjoyed it!), got all the cheeseknives, but then got a game-ending memory error in the room with the punster, when in desperation I tried putting the havarti in the nest (which I am almost certain was the wrong move but I was out of right ones. I was thinking of something contrived involving “Have at thee”.) I don’t know if this was a problem with Parchment or the game itself.

Oooh, thanks, I’ll take a look.

Ooh, I had something similar happen! For me it was

Putting the feta in the nest.

However, I had assumed that this was just my computer and/or browser being obnoxious, which happens a lot.

As a note (spoiler for the final puzzle):

putting the curds in the nest

did work.

It is the game that is the problem! Working on a fix now.

EDIT: Okay, uploaded a new browser version, it should be fine now! Sorry about that, everyone.

Out of curiosity, the file in the archive is a Glulx file; the new one you just uploaded for your browser version is a ZMachine one. How come?

ZMachine gives me less issues and is my preference, I just forgot to use it first build.

I do not have headphones with me and there is no transcript or text version visibly linked or otherwise included. So I turned on the automatic closed captioning, which was… uh… interesting, I guess. What I’m getting is that there was, indeed, a favorite game, and that he spoke of the entries positively as a whole (~“all had merits, most had flaws” – it sounds like a reasonable enough sentiment that I will assume the closed captioning got that bit right).