The Neinth annual New Year's Minicomp

Seq,

sorry for The late answer, missed your post somehow.
I’ll allow it, but with gnashing teeth. [emote]:)[/emote]

@Tale: after we email the game to the specified email address, can we release it to the public (e.g. on itch.io etc.)?

I’d really prefer it if games weren’t uploaded before the Floyd event. I can’t and won’t stop you, but I don’t like it. I try to upload the games to the IFDB soon after we play them on Floyd, but apart from that I don’t do any database work on them.

Is fan fiction disallowed?

I’ve been fiddling with a work that would fall under Someone Else’s Copyright and wasn’t sure if that was okay or not.

Fan Fiction is fine.

Ok, sure, thanks for clarifying!

If I have a web game with multiple files (HTML, javascript, and images in a subfolder), what’s the best way to send it? Zip file? It’s much easier for most people to play if I just put it on my website and tell people the url! (Which I will do on the day of the Floyd event, since it won’t run on Floyd anyway)

In that case, I’d suggest you just send me the website link, and I will put that on the database.

Thanks, will do.

robinjonhson, I would like to ask you that, once the game is in the database (so after the event) that you consider indeed uploading a zip file. Some of us do prefer playing games offline, and keeping them for posterity. [emote]:)[/emote]

@Tale I get a mailer daemon error when emailing my entry to marius.ts.muellerSPAM@gmail.com…?

Did you remove the spam block? The real address is marius.ts.mueller@…

…right. I’m taking things too literally.

Spoken like a true kleptomaniac.

Well, if there’s one thing adventuring has taught me…

Reminder:

Roughly 6 hours to the deadline!

I WILL NOT, I REPEAT NOT accept late entries until noon tomorrow. THAT IS UTTERLY OUT OF THE QUESTION. If you have already send me something, it is TOTALLY NOT COOL to send me a revised version up until then!

Here is a list of the games I received so far. If you’ve sent me something and it isn’t here, please contact me.

Staying Put - by verityvirtue

Portcullis - by Robin Johnson (playable online : check it out here)

Candle flames in windless air - by Teaspoon

Egyptian Walking Simulator by by Jason Dyer via Greg Hassett

Mhairie Sioux Escrivain and the Dracula of Hogwarts by M Grablowsky

Her Majesty’s Trolley Problem by Buster Hudson

The Day Time stood still by Marius Müller

w00t! Thanks so much for organising, Tale.

A note on Portcullis: it’s deliberately going for an old-school comic-fantasy feel, to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Zork. There’s a hints page linked to from the game. All feedback is appreciated.

Tale, your link is pointing to the help page! The game itself is versificator.net/portcullis

Yipiieee!

I’m very hazy now on how the story stands, but I do like the series. [emote]:)[/emote]

I’m looking forward to the zip file with all the entries. [emote];)[/emote]

Thanks!

We had a blast at Clubfloyd, there were some cool games!

…And we didn’t even play all of them.

Which brings me to my point: I think, for fairness’ sake, we should upload all the games in one go, when we have played them all, next week.

So, those eager to play, join us next Sunday!

-Marius