The Legendary Hero Has Failed

A choice-based game about a scene in The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask. I’ve posted a review of it on my blog.

I think you missed something in the mechanics. That is, I reached two different endings. You might have reached the ‘good end’ on your first run, or the delayed text might have prevented you from seeing the prompt to restart? Or maybe you did see it all and aren’t impressed by the gameplay. They are mostly conversation-tree puzzles instead of a grand parser-y thing, but… it’s still a puzzle; it’s still possible to fail. Even if that’s mostly due to the timer. But I tend not to be too fussy about ‘gameplay’.

Anyway, I don’t have much of a Majora’s Mask connection either, but while it probably could’ve been a little more poignant, I felt it was a bit better than that. The writing was solid and it did a couple of interesting things. I also hate delayed text, though. I get why people want to use it, but I’m a fast reader, so I always end up sitting there for several seconds wondering if the game’s frozen or stalled out or is there a hidden link somewhere or-- oh, THERE it goes, ugh. It was limited enough that it wasn’t too obnoxious, but it did throw me every time it did show up.