The Apothecary's Assistant by Allyson Gray

Oh yeah, I’ve been getting the shop acorns. Time to stare at the clues some more…

1 Like

I love how many of us are learning cryptic crossword clue techniques from this game! I was really struggling with the clues initially, but then my brain started to get into gear. I may have to look at some cryptic crosswords to solve for fun!

4 Likes

If you’d like a recommendation, the site below is where Alex and I love to find ours!

Some days the clues are not as clear in my opinion (different authors?), but I generally love their style and it’s been a big inspiration for developing my own. Once in a while a clue is too Australian for us to get, but overall we’ve been doing well so far! Sunday the 15th had some fun clues from what I recall. :blush:

5 Likes

Mucho thanks!

2 Likes

Yup! I’ve always been pretty meh on cryptics: I tend to prefer word games that are more general-purpose knowledge and not such in-group specialized stuff, but since this I’ve been like… okayyyy, maybe they could be kinda fun and I’ve been occasionally peeking at the Minute Cryptics (one clue a day, with explanatory video after) and today I went through a whole one of The Guardian’s Quick Cryptics (small/easier ones) with surprisingly little trouble… @Ally, what have you done?!!

4 Likes

Almost done with this one! I’m finding it fairly easy/intuitive, so would definitely recommend to other cryptic beginners!

1 Like