The 2016 Spring Thing Festival is now open!

I’m very pleased to announce that the 2016 Spring Thing Festival of Interactive Fiction is now open!

http://www.springthing.net/2016/

This year, there are seventeen games, spread across two categories. Authors chose whether to submit games to the Main Festival, where they are eligible for ribbon nominations and the prize pool, or the Back Garden, which opts out of ribbons and prizes but has looser entry requirements (including allowing excerpts from unfinished or commercial games).

In the Main Festival:

Evita Sempai, by Florencia Rumpel Rodriguez a.k.a Rumpelcita (Twine)
Harmonic Time-Bind Ritual Symphony, by Ben Kidwell and Maevele Straw (Inform/Z)
Ms. Lojka, by Jordan Magnuson (Twine)
Rough Draft, by Erica Kleinman (Ren’Py)
Shipwrecked, by Andrew G. Schneider (Twine)
Sisters of Claro Largo, by David T. Marchand (Twine)
Superhero Stress, by Michael Yadvish (Twine)
Tangaroa Deep, by Astrid Dalmady (Twine)
The Xylophoniad, by Robin Johnson (HTML/Javascript)
Three-Card Trick, by Chandler Groover (Inform/Glulx)

In the Back Garden:

Dead Man’s Hill, by Arno von Borries (Inform/Glulx)
Dr. Sourpuss Is Not A Choice-Based Game, by P.B. Parjeter (Twine)
Famous Baby, by N.C. Kerklaan (Twine)
Foo Foo, by Buster Hudson (Inform/Glulx)
Fourdiopolis, by Andrew Schultz (Inform/Glulx)
Nocked! True Tales of Robin Hood, by Andrew G. Schneider (Twine)
Standoff, by Matthew R.F. Balousek (PDF)

You can play the games and find out everything you need to know about the festival at the official site, or follow us on Twitter at @SpringThingFest.

Instructions for making ribbon nominations will go up in a couple of days. There are two ribbons this year: an Audience Choice ribbon, which anyone may nominate games for, and an Alumni’s Choice ribbon, with nominations made by any prior participant in the Thing. (If you’re an alumni and not on our notification list yet, please PM me here or contact aaron at springthing.net.)

The festival will be open for ribbon nominations until 11:59 PM EDT, May 7, 2015.

To all the players, and all the entrants, have fun!

– Aaron

Hey, lot of entries! I love seeing that!

The title links for the games without play options (Fourdiopolis & Rough Draft) goes to springthing.net/2016/undefined