Thank you all

Just letting ya’ll know that the game I was working on was part of my Masters in History and Government thesis. It was finally approved and they let me graduate. I hope to use it soon as a fun tool in my classrooms.

So thank you for all who helped me fix all my bugs and such. I could not have pulled it off otherwise.

:slight_smile:
Tim

18 Likes

Also all who helped me got a mention in the credits.

3 Likes

That’s great, congratulations!

Are you planning on making the game available publicly? From the peeks at the subject matter I got from your example code, it seemed interesting so I’d enjoy the chance to check it out if that’s a possibility!

3 Likes

For sure. It may still have some bugs which I’m going to offer my students extra credit if they catch.

But in the meantime if you send me your email, I’ll give you the game via dropbox.

2 Likes

Also this…

9 Likes

I would also enjoy playing your game. Let us hope it is the first of many. :wink:

4 Likes

That is really awesome! Well done!

I think one of last year’s IFComp entrants (@Domenico) had a large game tied up in a Masters’ project, Ghosts Within.

From a purely selfish perspective, it’s also nice that those of us without advanced degrees can/should feel smart about writing a serious Inform project of any length whatsoever. Part of me long ago balked at the thought of an advanced degree, and while much more went into your degree than just writing the Inform game, well … it’s nice not to feel forced to dismiss our own works as “just a game.”

I’d also be interested in seeing what you’ve got.

5 Likes

Send me your email and I’ll get it to ya.

Yes, I’ve got another one cooking…

2 Likes

I’m with ya, regarding dipping toes in academia. I felt like an imposter at the school the whole time. “I’m just a country-fried nerd”, I kept saying to myself. But now I’m working at a college and they’ve asked if I’d be interested in teaching young kids coding for a summer camp. So hopefully we’ll have a few new members in the Inform7 tribe, if all goes well.

Yes, DM me your email and I’ll get the game to ya.

3 Likes

Why not upload it to https://ifdb.org so everyone can play it?
Congrats on your degree!

4 Likes