Summer IF gathering in Boston, Sept 14-15

As in years past, the People’s Republic of Interactive Fiction is organizing a summer gathering of the IF folks of the world. If you are interested in hanging out and talking about IF, you are invited!

The weekend: September 14-15. The locale: Boston (the MIT area).

Once again, we will be gathering at NoShowConf, a tiny little indie game-dev conference. We will also have a presence at the Boston Festival of Indie Games, which runs the same weekend.

Details:

gameshelf.jmac.org/2013/05/bosto … if-meetup/

Has there been much interest in this? I’m considering going but trying to decide between this and some other activities, given a limited budget.

The list of NoShowConf speakers is now up: noshowconf.com/speakers/

It includes Chris Klimas, Juhana Leinonen, Deirdra Kiai, and Anna Anthropy. So that’s some IF-related people, at minimum.

We are in the process of organizing a public IF reading/playing (Lost Pig) which will take place at BostonFIG.

The show is in less than two weeks, so I’m bumping this.

The NoShow schedule is up: noshowconf.com/schedule-2013/ . IF-related talks on both the 14th and the 15th.

We’ll be presenting Lost Pig at the BostonFIG show (Saturday the 14th, 3pm-5pm, MIT Stratton Student Center, 3rd floor coffeehouse). We’ll also host an IF table in the FIG exhibition hall all day. (Which is where I’ll be, probably.)

I don’t suppose any of the talks will be recorded, will they? Sounds awesome, but Atlantic Ocean and all that…

I’ve added this to the calendar I recently set up blog.textadventures.co.uk/calendar/. If anybody writes any of the sessions up, let me know and I’ll add a link. (And let me know if there are any other events I should add there)

The Lost Pig event will be recorded. I don’t know if NoShow has recording planned, but they did ustream last year.

Forgot to add: in Lost Pig, Grunk and the Gnome will be portrayed by the talents of Tom Russell and Brad Smith, of the Post-Meridian Radio Players.

EDIT-ADD to that: atparty-demoscene.net/wp-content … stpig.html