Stupid Question

Is it possible to have a large state in the kitchen and a small statue in the living room and have in both rooms “statue” be understood as the statue in that room? If so how do I do it?

That happens by default:

Kitchen is a room. It is south of Living Room. In the kitchen is a large statue. In the living room is a small statue. Test me with "x statue / n/ x statue".

(Or did I misunderstand the question?)

The only time it might be a problem is if you’re using a grammar with an “any” token, such as the talking verbs in Eric Eve’s conversation extensions. Usually you can tweak that with some “does the player mean” rules:

[code]Informing someone about is discussing the second noun. Quizzing someone about is discussing the second noun.

Does the player mean discussing the second noun when the second noun is enclosed by the location: It is very likely.[/code]

Are you using a extension or somthing?
When I use the code it returns:

Can you post the exact, full contents of your source? The source given above works for me, so there must be something small you’re doing.

-Kevin

EDIT: And btw, thanks to Playfic http://playfic.com for letting me quickly test this!

Possibly, you have misspelled “large statue” in your source so as to make it a large “state”.

Ditto!

There is no statue in the kitchen, ad stated by the room’s description. Check your code.
You surely misstyped the word ‘kitchen’ in the second Line of code.

It works now!
I don’t know what was wrong because i copied and pasted the code you gave me.
Thank you!
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You’re welcome! Happy people are using it.

Stupid question #2:
How could I create a room like the loud room in zork?

You could do worse than have a look at the Inform 7 Zork port. This page shows a way of implementing the Loud Room.