Standard library MANUAL_PRONOUNS and ChooseObjects not used in PunyInform

In case you hadn’t guessed, I’m just taking my first plunge into PunyInform. The quickest and easiest way for me to get familiar with it is to convert an existing Inform 6 game that uses the standard library.

I normally use Constant MANUAL_PRONOUNS;, but this gives me a warning that’s it’s declared but not used when compiled with PunyInform. Is it unused, or do I need to enable one of the optional constants?

I also note that the ChooseObjects entry point routine is not supported. As I always provide this, I’m curious about the strategy that PunyInform uses in its place.

1 Like

Manual pronouns are always enabled in PunyInform.

There is currently nothing like the ChooseObjects entry point in PunyInform.

Let us know if you get into trouble while writing your game because ChooseObjects is missing, and we’ll talk about what can be done.

1 Like

I’m not anticipating any issues, because I assume that PunyInform takes care of it. It’s normally used to account for any attempts to take scenery, such as with TAKE ALL, but that may even be obsolete with more recent changes to the library. I’ve also used it for WEAR ALL and REMOVE ALL, but I don’t think I’ll be using that.

1 Like

I implemented a “strip” action for a PunyInform game (a WIP), like this:

[ StripSub _o;
	objectloop(_o in player && _o has worn)
		<Disrobe _o>;
];

You could do something like that for a WearAll action too.

well, I’m experimenting in implementing feminine wiles, and in this case, better single doffing than strip… but the latter is appropriate for victims of female wiliness, or I’m wrong :wink: ?

(side point, this line of experimentation started from a lateral thinking on a celebrated self-description of Zork I, because feminine arts are, well, high cunning)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.