Spring Thing 2021 entries. Toot yer horn!

Here I am!
This is the second time for me (I participated in the if comp [Radicofani]).
Strictly parser based of course! :wink:
Good luck!

12 Likes

I’m normally kept busy by work in April, so this year will be an interesting change of pace. @DConrad and I are putting something together in Twine.

11 Likes

I’m also intending to join my first comp/thing! We’ll see how it goes.

13 Likes

I’m entering, if my brain lets me. Most of the gameplay is done, but I need to reshuffle most of the geography into something that’s playably paced.

EDIT: Not done. On the plus side, my now-IFComp game is well on schedule.

11 Likes

Hi everyone! We intend to submit something for the Back Garden. It’s also the first comp/festival/thing for us (we’re a team of two). Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

First time entry here, looking forward to it! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Considering that six months ago, I didn’t even know this genre was called “interactive fiction”… …I’m happy that I’ve managed to enter an excerpt into the Spring Thing Back Garden. It’s my first program of any description. I’m a solo creator, using Ren’Py for my authoring tool.

I wish everyone the best of luck with their entries!

13 Likes

Hey everyone! My ambitious parser game The Weight of a Soul, 5 years in the making, is finally playable from start to finish. I hope everyone enjoys it :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That’s awesome, well done on seeing it through!

1 Like

@chinkeeyong Congratulations on completing The Weight of a Soul! I look forward to playing it!

2 Likes

It’s April 2 and I’m not seeing any entries!!!

(Yeah, I know, it’s the curse of being nine time zones before the organiser!)

I’m working on the assumption it’ll be at some point during the day Pacific Time, so it won’t be long now :smiley:

My first time entering a big IF event too. Mine’s a resurrected game that has laid unfinished for several years (originally targeted IFComp 2017 - that’s some overshoot! :slight_smile:). I’ve always liked the chill less-competitive vibes of Spring Thing, and with some extra time on my hands this year I thought why not finish this thing. Glad to be here with you all :+1:

Tim

13 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Havilah, and I submitted Journey to Ultimate Fightdown! I am SUPER excited to be participating in this, and can’t wait to check out everyone’s games!!! :grin:

14 Likes

I ended up not submitting, mostly because my project grew and I didn’t finish it in time (but to be honest it’s also partly because I realize the bar is pretty high for IF in general!), so I’ll aim for ParserComp first, and then IFComp if that doesn’t work out, and if I overshoot my target then too I hope to be back next Spring Thing because it seems like a very nice compo! :seedling:

12 Likes

@Memute Good use of the extra time, I look forward to playing it!
@mwahahavilah Your enthusiasm is brilliant to see :smiley:
@tobiasvl Projects have a habit of growing. We’ll still be here when your game is ready, so have fun creating it to your satisfaction :wink:

5 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Eric, my project is Ned Nelson Really Needs a Job. Started this a couple years ago because I really wanted to try some IF, and decided to use Spring Thing as an excuse to actually finish the thing!! I’m so excited, I can’t wait to try everyone’s projects!

14 Likes

@Hyalin99 Super! Looking forward to playing Ned Nelson Really Needs a Job too!

1 Like

Hello everyone :smiley: i’m Ève, it’s my first time here ! I submitted « an amical bet » and i hope you guys will find it funny :smile:
Congrats to everyone for their games, cheers from France :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Hi all! I collaborated with @EJoyce to make Lady Thalia and The Seraskier’s Sapphires, which started as a way to practice making puzzles but ended up taking on a life of its own. This is my first real attempt at IF so I’m very excited to be part of Spring Thing this year!

14 Likes