Spring Thing 2020 is now open!

I’m very pleased to announce that the 2020 Spring Thing Festival of Interactive Fiction is now open!

https://www.springthing.net/2020/

This year’s festival features twenty new interactive stories submitted by authors working across the spectrum of text games. Participants chose to place their games in either the Main Festival, where they were eligible for a Best In Show ribbon and prizes, or the Back Garden, with looser entry requirements allowing for more experimental or work-in-progress entries.

Main Festival

Back Garden

You can play the games and find out everything you need to know about the festival at the official site , or follow us on Twitter at @SpringThingFest.

Continuing from last year, prize ribbons have changed: players can nominate games for a Best In Show ribbon, which will be given to the top two nominees, and may also suggest custom Audience Awards which can be anything the nominator likes: from “Best Story” to “Favorite Twine” to “Alumni’s Choice” to “Cutest Vampires.” Ribbon nominations will go live next week.

The festival will be open for ribbon nominations until 11:59 PM EDT, May 3, 2020.

To all the players, and all the entrants, have fun!

13 Likes

Cool! Looking forward to exploring some new IF works.

Is it okay to discuss the entries here like we do for the IFComp?

If so, are we going to use similar tags to the IFComp 2019 tags?

I’m guessing they are going to be springthing2020 and springthing2020-game. Does that sound okay to everyone else?

5 Likes

That sounds good!

These games look great, and there’s so many! I’ve begun reviews at ifdb.tads.org

5 Likes

If you would like to be added to the Spring Thing 2020 group, please go to the “Groups” screen from the hamburger menu on the upper right and request membership.

I’ve added everyone who PMd me. If your title isn’t “Spring Thing 2020 Participant” you should be able to set it in your profile.

There is a “springthing” and a “2020” tag that can be used together (see how I’ve tagged this topic) - the discussion isn’t as heavy as IFComp so we may not need a “-game” tag, but I can organize tagged messages if other ones get used.

2 Likes