SPO7: Daniel Stelzer and Jemma Briggeman's Cragne Manor source

I know I’m about a month late to the party here, but I talked to my co-author and got permission to share the room we built for Cragne Manor. This is the bridge in the middle of town which is somehow also in a vast underground cavern. (Zarf, feel free to include it in your site.)

The implementation is mostly mine; the writing is mostly hers. Like many others, we cheated a bit on the “one room” limitation; we built a little state machine to represent the position of the player within the room.

The source is here, since it proved too long to put in a post. Here’s a highlight:

To say Stelzer adjective: say "[one of]hideous[or]faint[or]nameless[or]singular[or]maddening[or]abnormal[or]blasphemous[or]accursed[or]loathsome[or]eldritch[or]indescribable[or]aberrant[or]abominable[or]absurd[or]abysmal[or]alien[or]ambiguous[or]amorphous[or]anarchic[or]ancient[or]anomalous[or]appalling[or]atrocious[or]cancerous[or]cellular[or]changeable[or]confusing[or]congealed[or]corrupted[or]decomposing[or]deformed[or]degenerated[or]degraded[or]delirious[or]detestable[or]diabolical[or]diseased[or]disgusting[or]distorted[or]dreadful[or]effervescent[or]festering[or]fetid[or]fiendish[or]piscatorial[or]fluctuating[or]fluid[or]foaming[or]gangrenous[or]ghastly[or]glutinous[or]greenish[or]grim[or]grisly[or]hateful[or]hellish[or]ichorous[or]infernal[or]infested[or]inhuman[or]insipid[or]irregular[or]malevolent[or]malicious[or]malignant[or]membranous[or]menacing[or]mesmerizing[or]monstrous[or]morbid[or]mottled[or]moldering[or]nauseating[or]nebulous[or]necromantic[or]noxious[or]obscene[or]odious[or]odorous[or]oily[or]ominous[or]oozing[or]organic[or]pale[or]pallid[or]peculiar[or]perfidious[or]perverse[or]phlegmatic[or]poisonous[or]profane[or]protoplasmic[or]pseudopodal[or]pulsating[or]chthonic[or]quiescent[or]repellent[or]reprehensible[or]reptilian[or]repugnant[or]repulsive[or]resplendent[or]sacrilegious[or]sallow[or]sanguine[or]sordid[or]tenebrous[or]turbid[or]unclean[or]uncouth[or]unspeakable[or]unutterable[or]vague[or]vaporous[or]vile[or]viscous[or]warped[or]wet[or]damp[or]wretched[or]zymotic[or]infectious[or]putrescent[or]daemoniac[or]fetid[or]fungoid[or]lurking[or]non-Euclidean[or]squamous[or]ululating[at random]".
Understand "hideous/faint/nameless/singular/maddening/abnormal/blasphemous/accursed/loathsome/eldritch/indescribable/aberrant/abominable/absurd/abysmal/alien/ambiguous/amorphous/anarchic/ancient/anomalous/appalling/atrocious/cancerous/cellular/changeable/confusing/congealed/corrupted/decomposing/deformed/degenerated/degraded/delirious/detestable/diabolical/diseased/disgusting/distorted/dreadful/effervescent/festering/fetid/fiendish/piscatorial/fluctuating/fluid/foaming/gangrenous/ghastly/glutinous/greenish/grim/grisly/hateful/hellish/ichorous/infernal/infested/inhuman/insipid/irregular/malevolent/malicious/malignant/membranous/menacing/mesmerizing/monstrous/morbid/mottled/moldering/nauseating/nebulous/necromantic/noxious/obscene/odious/odorous/oily/ominous/oozing/organic/pale/pallid/peculiar/perfidious/perverse/phlegmatic/poisonous/profane/protoplasmic/pseudopodal/pulsating/chthonic/quiescent/repellent/reprehensible/reptilian/repugnant/repulsive/resplendent/sacrilegious/sallow/sanguine/sordid/tenebrous/turbid/unclean/uncouth/unspeakable/unutterable/vague/vaporous/vile/viscous/warped/wet/damp/wretched/zymotic/infectious/putrescent/daemoniac/fetid/fungoid/lurking/non-euclidean/squamous/ululating" as "[Stelzer adjective match]".
After reading a command when the location is SPO7:
	if the player's command includes "[Stelzer adjective match]":
		say "[bracket]The word '[matched text]' is a randomly-generated Lovecraftian adjective that could apply to all sorts of things here. Try using another word instead.[close bracket][paragraph break]";
		cut the matched text.
5 Likes

Thank you! Posted.