Speech Motivations - Questions

So… Liking what I see so far, just from messing around with the example. I apologize that I wasn’t able to give feedback sooner, but my diving into the source of an extension to find out how it ticks is a dangerous thing…

There are a couple of things that don’t appear to be working properly for me on the example. Was wondering if I could get some feedback:

For speaking out loud of the coat when Bob is the person asked:

This doesn’t seem to result in anything other than your asking Bob for the coat. I tried removing that entry from the table and it just gives me a blank response.

Here’s the example again for reference:

[spoiler]“Ran Over”

Include Speech Motivations by Mike Ciul.

Highway is a room. Jay is a man in highway. Bob is a man in highway.
Bob wears a coat. Jay carries a joint. God is a subject.

The description of the player is “You’re completely naked, and still smarting from your fall out of heaven.”

For getting attention of Bob when Bob is not expected to respond:
forget the concerns of Bob.

First for speaking out loud of something (called the subject matter):
Repeat through Table of Responses:
if the speaker entry is the person asked and the subject entry is the subject matter:
say response entry;
say paragraph break;
rule succeeds;
continue the activity.

For speaking out loud when Bob is the person asked:
say “Bob shrugs.”

For getting attention of Jay when Jay is not expected to respond:
If the new subject matter is Jay or the new subject matter is Bob:
confirm motivation of Jay;
otherwise if someone is expected to respond:
forget the concerns of Jay;
otherwise:
confirm motivation of Jay.

For speaking out loud of something (called the subject matter) when Jay is the person asked:
say “Jay expounds at great length, with multiple interjections of colorful profanity, on the subject of [the subject matter], but at the end you’re still not sure how he feels.”

For printing the name of Jay when the speaking out loud activity is going on and the person asked is Jay:
say “himself”;

Table of Responses
speaker (object) subject (object) response (text)
yourself joint “You comment on Jay’s joint.”
yourself yourself “‘What’s the matter? You never saw a naked black man before?’ you say.”
yourself coat “You tell [the current interlocutor] that you just want to borrow the coat until you can find some other clothes.”
Bob Jay “Bob smiles and pats his friend on the back.”
Bob joint “Bob raises his eyebrows.”
Bob God “Bob shakes his head.”
Bob Bob “Bob grins and thumps his chest.”
Bob yourself “Bob tries not to look at your nakedness.”
Jay joint “‘Dude, have some! First one’s free!’”
Jay coat “‘Dude, [if jay is expected to respond]what are you thinking? My man doesn’t want your dick rubbing all over the inside of his armor!’[otherwise]why you eyeing my man’s coat?’ Jay yells at you.”
Jay yourself “‘I’m not staring at a naked black man. I’m staring at naked black man who just [italic type]fell out of the f***ing sky![roman type]’”

First for speaking out loud of yourself when the person asked is Jay and Jay is not expected to respond:
say “Jay tries to pretend that he’s not staring at your nakedness.”;

For speaking out loud of the coat when Bob is the person asked:
say “Bob removes his coat and hands it to you.”;
end the story finally saying “You are no longer naked.”

test me with “x bob/ask jay about joint/x me/ask jay about me/x coat/ask jay about coat/tell jay about coat/ask jay for coat/ask bob about jay/ask bob about joint/tell bob about god/ask bob about bob/ask bob about me/ask bob about joint/ask bob for coat”
[/spoiler]

Why is God defined as a subject, but also defined in the table of responses? And when I ask Jay about God, I get a blank response?

However, my tinkering did result in a somewhat amusing response. Not sure where it’s coming from:

>ask self about coat
You isn’t here.

Your tabs seem funny. Did you paste the example from a post rather than using the paste utility in the IDE or using the “quote” feature to copy the raw text?

Now that’s a real bug. I’ll work on that.

Here’s the fix: I added this before the can’t converse with absent interlocutor rule:

Before addressing the default when the current interlocutor is the person asked (this is the address the assembly instead of talking to yourself rule): reset the interlocutor;

When other people are present this looks like:

When nobody else is around, you get:

Does that seem reasonable? If not, what do you suggest?

By the way, I got tired of writing my own verb conjugations and included Plurality. Any objections? Does that cause conflicts with Custom Library Messages, for example?