Some colours reversed in Windows Gluxe when restart game using Simple Graphical Window by Emily Short

It will stop the main window from being deleted, which should then mean the stylehints are ignored. Counterfeit Monkey was doing some further things which shouldn’t apply to a simple example using Simple Graphical Window.

Edit: I’ve added the fix to Flexible Windows on Github.

1 Like

That fixes the problem with the stylehints, but seems to introduce a new problem: the initial text printed on restarting is now missing, entering restart just leaves you with an input prompt in a blank window. Testing shows that the game has actually restarted, so I’m not sure where the initial output has gone.

It may be that the “recalibrate windows rule” just doesn’t work for this purpose. The final comment on the 2018 thread suggests that may be the case. It would be worth checking.

Ugh. Sorry for not testing it properly. I’ll look into it more. My guess would be that it’s not focusing the correct window after restarting?

I downloaded Gargoyle and the following game works fine, except that no cursor is displayed until you type the first character of your first command.

"Testing Simple Graphical Window" by Jonathan

Include Simple Graphical Window by Emily Short.

The Gargoyle cursor color rule is not listed in any rulebook.
The Gargoyle window padding rule is not listed in any rulebook. 

The Study is a room. 

Would there be a way for Gargoyle itself to ensure that the cursor is always visible?

Sorry for taking a while to respond to this. Yes, that looks to be the problem, when the game is restarted the current stream is the window stream for the status window, so all the initial game text goes to the status window and therefore is lost.

For my game I used the extension as it was, with the temporary solution mentioned above. But what are the future plans for the extension? Thanks.

@Dannii has filed an issue about this (FW: Fix the acting main window on restart · Issue #70 · i7/extensions · GitHub) so I don’t think it’s been forgotten.

2 Likes

Sorry for taking too long, but I think I’ve fixed the bug where nothing was being printed after restarting. Latest code on Github.

1 Like