Snowhaven help needed

I’m playing the Emotive version.

I’ve made a pretty significant stew with multiple ingredients in spite of never having succeeded in reading the recipe book.

When it says ‘What recipe do you want to look up?’… what should I type? I have tried stew, rabbit stew, vegetable, vegetable stew, etc. The obvious answer seems rabbit stew, but it says that’s not what I want to cook. And my stew is still described as being the ‘beginnings’ of a stew, in spite of what to me feels like the Herculean efforts I’ve made to fill it with ingredients for a recipe I don’t even have and have been guessing at!

Thanks for any help.

-Wade

Couple hints, in increasing order of spoileriness:

Are you choosing a recipe you know you can cook, or one you know your sibling will enjoy?

Do you know exactly what kind of stew s/he likes?

Have you heard from them lately, come to think of it?

You know they’re coming, but you don’t seem to have a phone or laptop…

And it seems like you love them a lot so it’s unlikely you would have just thrown away their letter.

Where might you keep a letter?

Solution coming next:

X BOOKSHELF. X LETTER. READ IT.

Summary

I missed the letter on the bookshelf. Thanks.

Are you choosing a recipe you know you can cook, or one you know your sibling will enjoy?

I just know I went to so much trouble to lure a rabbit with a snare that I built, the rabbit couldn’t NOT figure in the recipe. After that I threw in everything but the kitchen sink. Turns out I had everything in there but the Juniper berries.

-Wade

The recipe definitely makes a lot more sense once you’ve read the letter. One of the key ingredients is different when you play the pleasant version.