Simple Chat: Forcing conversation exit

I have another Simple Chat question. I’m using the Forbid Conversation Exiting default, but at a certain point during the conversation, the game ends. Since normal conversation doesn’t take up any turns, the game doesn’t end until the conversation ends. What’s the best way to end the game right away?

I’ve done it here by deactivating every single chat node, but that seems dangerous and inefficient:

[code]Include Simple Chat by Mark Tilford.
Use default forbid exiting conversations.

Classroom is a room.

The key is in the classroom.

Teacher is a man in the classroom.

raise-hand, bathroom, and key-please are chat nodes.

Talking to is an action applying to one thing. Understand “talk to [someone]” as talking to.

Carry out talking to:
run a conversation from raise-hand;

Instead of giving text for raise-hand, say “‘Yes, student?’”

Instead of finding responses to raise-hand:
link to bathroom;

To say win:
repeat with c running through all chat nodes:
deactivate c;
End the game saying “What a relief!”

Instead of giving link to bathroom, say “‘May I be excused to use the bathroom?’”

Instead of giving text for bathroom when the player carries the key:
say “‘off you go, then!’[win]”

Instead of giving text for bathroom, say “‘Not without the bathroom key.’”

Instead of finding responses to bathroom:
link to bathroom;
link to key-please;

Instead of giving link to key-please, say “‘May I please take the key?’”

Instead of giving text for key-please, say “‘Go ahead.’”
[/code]

Instead of finding responses to when the end conversation flag is set: do nothing.

And make sure this rule is set up so it will come before any other finding responses to rule.

You mean by “listing it first?” Do Instead rules show up in the Index or some other place where I can figure out what rulebook they’re in?

And is it possible to access deadflag so I don’t need to manage my own “end conversation flag?”

if the story has ended
  1. I think that the Instead rulebook is run before the Carry out or Report rules, so if you put most of the SC rules into those books, it should work.
    or
  2. There’s a syntax along the lines of “The … rule is listed first in the … rulebook.”
    or
  3. Inform tries to arrange things so that more specific rules are tried before less-specific rules.

All Instead rules are in the “instead rulebook”; there’s only one. (I think that’s your question?) So you can say “The blah rule is listed first in the Instead rulebook,” I think.

Excellent! Perfect! Thank you!

[code]Instead of finding responses to when the story has ended (this is the exit conversation when the story is over rule):
do nothing;

The exit conversation when the story is over rule is listed first in the instead rulebook.[/code]