ShuffleComp Postmortem Thread

Zarf said:

“Have you brought this save problem up in a programming thread? It’s not the kind of problem I would expect to magically get fixed by switching to 6L02.”

I asked about the problem in an Inform 7 thread (Fatal error saving a game; I’d link to it, but using this site with a screen reader can be tricky) a few days before the ShuffleComp deadline. The reply suggested I had done something at the Inform 6 level, but I don’t know Inform 6 and didn’t include any I6 code myself. I couldn’t really give any details, because I didn’t know where the problem could be (and I was busy fixing other bugs). As for the 6L02 “miracle cure,” you may be right. I’ve been revising and copying code over to the new version of Inform, so I may not have encountered the problem area yet . In retrospect, I could of done this before the competition with 6G60 and possibly found the problem, but my attention was elsewhere. I’ll update the thread if I find out what the problem was.

As for the ren’pi, thanks for pointing that out. I think I may have accidently changed it when I was updating the information.

Neil