SF Bay IF Meetup in Person (and on Zoom) Saturday Jun 4 1PM

The SF Bay IF Meetup is going back to in-person! We’ll do this as a hybrid event, where anyone is welcome to join us via Zoom, and at least a few us will meet in person as well!

(Please attend wearing a mask. If wearing a mask is an issue for you, you can always attend via Zoom!)

Our longtime meetup members will remember the days before the pandemic, when we’d meet regularly at the Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment. The MADE closed during the pandemic, but they’re doing a “soft reopening” in the first week of June, and they’ve invited us back to their new space.

As for the games we’ll play, last month we only played one of the Spring Thing winners, Fairest, so this month we can play the other winner, “The Bones of Rosalinda.” https://agat.itch.io/the-bones-of-rosalinda

We’ll also pick and choose from some of the top-rated games this year! https://ifdb.org/search?searchfor=published:2022

When: Saturday, Jun 4, 2022, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Where: Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment, 921 Washington, Oakland, CA

This Meetup repeats on the 1st Saturday of every month.

2 Likes

Thanks for maintaining the Zoom option.

3 Likes

I didn’t know this! Is there any way to get feedback from y’all on that? I’m gearing up to do a post-comp version of Fairest and I’d dearly love a transcript or any comments on how that went for youse guys.

1 Like

We only played part of Fairest, and we didn’t record a transcript. We had fun with it, and, speaking for myself, I think it’s a delightful game; I can certainly see why it won a ribbon, and why it’s the top-rated game on IFDB this year.

If you attend the meetup this weekend, it might be fun to play Lonely Troll or something and get feedback directly!

1 Like

Thanks! Zoom sucks for me because I live in the middle of nowhere and country satellite internet is, to put it mildly, awful. I’ve been super curious about those meetings, though, so if I can get a weekend afternoon free, I may well drop in just to listen.