SeedComp Round 2 is Over! Thank you for Submitting!

Lil bump here

1 week left until the deadline (more or less)

7 Likes

I have not had a good month. Just lost the last two days I’d put aside time to finish my game up due to a nasty bang to the head in a particularly random way and the following day got to play with CT scans instead of games :stuck_out_tongue: (Turns out I’m totally fine apart from a headache and sore head. Lucky I must have a hard skull lol.) Pretty disappointed about the game I’d been writing, but I’ll try to get something playable out if I can. Hope everyone else’s progress is going better than mine! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

We’re on the last stretch!
And already 6 submissions :smiley:

6 Likes

Got my entry in! I wish the entire month of February had not been eaten up by storm disaster and illness, but c’est la vie. I can’t wait to play new games!

9 Likes

Congrats on submitting!

Only one more before we cross the first decimal :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

My entry is submitted! I wrote this one, and Josh Grams programmed it. I’m really proud of how it turned out! Hidden Gems, Hidden Secrets by Naomi Norbez (call me Bez)
( @sophia & @OverThinking, used y’alls’ seeds in this! C: )

9 Likes

Congratulations on finishing the game and your cool collab! I’ll be sure to check it out. Thanks for bringing this to my attention- I’m really stoked to hear that the seed resonated with you enough to include it!

8 Likes

Oh golly I’m excited to play this!

7 Likes

Gah 8 hours

at least it’s 2am in my timezone? huh it’s ending at midnight HST? fair 'nuff I guess but

gah

6 Likes

fml CSIDE’s compiled file doesn’t work on itch.io, now I gotta dig up the docs on compiling choicescript grr

Hi all, I kind of rushed to get my game done due to earlier disasters… And just ran into a big issue. For some reason the compiling software is being a pain and is refusing to compile the game properly so it can be hosted on itch and I have no idea why. I’ve put it on dashingdons (just adding pictures as they have to be done differently when hosted.)

Is it ok to post the link from dashingdon’s for now and then update itch if/when I can work out what the glitch is?

@MoyTW Just having the same issue! It used to work fine. No idea why it’s suddenly playing up?

2 Likes

yeah idk think i ran into this before but also lol it’s late and I’m dying
tbh I’d go ahead and make a dummy submission and enter that into the comp on itch.io for later upload 'cuz idk if the organizers are up at this ungodly hour (tho idk, think Manon’s in France, might be up) and submitting to a comp miiiight be impossible after the comp closes? not professional advice

2 Likes

Maybe put it up on dashingdons as a playable link as a stopgap? That’s what I’m attempting to quickly recode to get it to work there in case I can’t solve the compile issue (which I’ve already been fluffing around with for the last hour.)

2 Likes

Sure but, what I mean is, you have to enter something on itch.io or the window will close in, like, an hour.

Are you getting the permission denied..."cside" on cross-origin object error or the scenes missing error? 'cuz you can fix the permission denied one by compling directly with the compile.html and fix the scenes one by listing the scenes in startup.

cc @Jacic

2 Likes

Yep. Make a page and put a link on it. Enter the page. I think that’ll work? Hope so. Seemed to let me do it…

Edit- I’m getting missing scenes but have them listed (I do it out of habit as I used to use the native compiler that needed it) so not sure what the issue is. I’ve lodged a query on the COG forum to see if anyone knows of a fix.

2 Likes

oh, right, nifty! I’m sure the organizers will let you fix the compliation stuff tomorrow

my game has another issue with, uh, what seems like character encoding (• displaying for the first bullet point in every list) but eeeeeeeeeeh I’ll deal with that later probably?

3 Likes

@Jacic @MoyTW
As long as the file is the same, that’s ok. It’s clear you submitted on time and the game is playable.
(If you could add a downloadable copy for us on the itch page, that’d be great!)

4 Likes

Thanks Manon. I’m trying to sort out what the problem is at the moment as I haven’t hit this bug with the compiler before. Hopefully if I can work it out I’d be more than happy to compile a downloadable copy for itch too (that’s the plan :sweat_smile: )

4 Likes

A bunch of lovely seeds have sprouted in our little jam farm and have produced 18 new games! While we set up everything for the Voting section, come check out those fun games!
(There was a disqualification from an spam entry)

13 Likes

For anyone interested to write a review for the entries, the SeedComp has now an IFDB page !

11 Likes