SeedComp Round 2 is Over! Thank you for Submitting!

With the ​Planting​ round behind us, it is now time to sprout some seeds and create some fun entries! The Sprouting Round is now live.:smiley:
Don’t forget to sign-up for this Round on itch!

You can find all 67 seed entries on the Planting Round page here.
As requested, we’ve also compiled a Zip Folder with all seeds for convenience. You can download the folder here. All seeds plus an Excel Sheet with basic information about the seeds are included. Do consider viewing the submission page for the seeds you are interested in for more information or to leave comment for the seed’s author.

You can now register your intent to use seeds via this Excel Sheet {optional} as well.

If you want to discuss the seeds, you can do so on the Comp Itch page, this Forum’s thread, in our Discord, or wherever you’d like!

Have fun Sprouting!

For more information about the SeedComp!, check out our official website SeedComp.org !

14 Likes

To sign up for a seed on the excel sheet, should we just put our names in the first blank column next to the seed in question?

1 Like

From the example, it looks like the idea is to create a new column on the second tab and then mark which seed(s) you’re interested in by marking the appropriate row.

2 Likes

Aha, I didn’t see the other tab in the sheet. Got it now.

2 Likes

Yup!
Just like the IFComp review sheet :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m beginning to worry I might be planning to use too many seeds…

2 Likes

Lil’ Update, the total seeds count is 69, as @slugzuki’s entries were not included properly :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yay for Kit’s entries being included!

3 Likes

Oh wow! The Sprouting Round runs until March 1st. That’s pretty generous. I expect some beautiful and/or clever gems from all you Sprouters.

3 Likes

I’ve selected a seed, designed a game and started coding. Am I expected to use the spreadsheet? It says it’s optional, but I thought I should check to make sure.

3 Likes

Optional is optional :wink:
If you want to publically announce your intent to use a seed, go for it. Otherwise, don’t :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How is seedcomp going for everyone? I’m not making a game in round 2, but I look forward to your products!

3 Likes

Tsk, tsk. I guess you’re neck deep in NGUHD, though, so I’ll forgive you when that’s done.

I gots a game written and got some eyeballs on it. It’s in that phase where I feel kind of squooshy about it, though. I don’t know if everyone else has that phase, the one where you look at it and say, “Well, that’s crap.”

7 Likes

I have tested one game (though I haven’t completed it) and written my own (though I haven’t completed that either). Too many things going on at the moment. I want to get mine to a testable state before PunyJam #3 starts.

5 Likes

Working in collaboration on a game based on Europa. It’s going to be around 15 mins play. There are two NPCs. 11 Locations and a few puzzles. Hope you will play it!

Here’s a teaser pic. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have a proof of concept and a lot of work ahead of me. But I really want this game to exist, and there’s still plenty of time…

3 Likes

I’m about halfway through coding mine. Hoping to have the first pass finished in the next week - like Garry I really want to make a PunyJam game as well!

4 Likes

I have given myself Too Much To Do and I am Going To Do It.

(The game’s about halfway coded but if I want to get it tested that means I’m behind)

10 Likes

[Bumping the post :stuck_out_tongue: ]
Three weeks left on the Comp! How is everyone holding up?

4 Likes

A little behind ideal schedule but I should have a lot more time to work on it the rest of this week.

3 Likes