SeedComp! Round 1 is now closed for submissions or edits! Round 2 coming soon!

I added one! It’s a project I always thought would make a great game but would probably need a more creepy author to handle effectively.

There’s another one that’s a tech demo I’m hoping people will like, but I have to brush it up a bit first.

3 Likes

It depends on your itch notifications settings. But we will post announcements everywhere we have so far when each rounds ends/start and when voting will be available :slight_smile:

Well this made me laugh. Out loud. Several times.

:+1:

1 Like

I think the reason Eric is asking is that the website says “shortly after round 2 ends.” From your toot, it sounds like there is a specific answer: "at the end of round 2 (March 1).

At least, that is why I asked. If someone asks me about these things, I assume it’s because they aren’t following the places announcements have been posted so far. Which is great! I think it’s great to reach new people.

Thank you for answering Eric directly.

1 Like

We don’t know what challenges we may encounter, so our schedule has some built-in processing time.

Round 1 ends on January 7th, but round 2 doesn’t begin until January 9th.

Similarly, Round 2 ends March 1st, and, “…you will be able to vote for Awards and submit Stickers starting March 2nd/3rd, 2023…”

We were more vague on the wording of the playing/voting phase because we have no idea what could go wrong, quite frankly. No one was willing to commit to a hard date, lol.

Thank you for answering Eric, @manonamora . Beat me to it, lol.

1 Like

Incredible, Sting will surely make history as the first title to be nominated for XYZZY Best Game two years in a row! Best Use of the Medium no doubt as well.

7 Likes

Submitting a seed feels like giving away that piece of clothing that, although you love it, you know you will never wear. You’ve kept it in your closet for years and occasionally looked at it and it made you sad because it looks bad on you. But now, it can belong to someone who will look great in it.

I recommend the experience.

11 Likes

I’ve got plenty of ideas for seeds, and this sounds like my sort of comp, but I’m down with a cold ATM and my brain barely works. :smiley:

4 Likes

Eat some soup and feel better! We’ll still be here when you do; seed submissions are accepted until January 7th. :face_with_thermometer::stew:

3 Likes

I’ve got an idea I think you might like, Garry. And it’s about animals, which you have written about before! I’m just about to submit it: Feathered Fury. I even outlined ideas for some puzzles.

3 Likes

That immediately reminds me of magpies. They’re lovely birds, but don’t go near their nests in nesting season or they swoop down and attack you.

Oh, and seagulls in the city. They’re smart. They swoop down behind you so that you can’t see them coming and try to steal your hamburger, chips, Subway or whatever.

And ibis. The beautiful wild ibis have become domesticated and spend all their time scavenging in garbage bins. They’re a big white bird with a long black curved beak. Perfect for getting under the lids of wheelie bins. We call them “bin chickens”.

6 Likes

Sheesh, cover art? Some of y’all are setting the bar pretty high!

I was just trying to figure out submitting a project on itch; for others with text submissions, I’ll suggest duplicating your text in the project Description box under Details – that makes it readable on the project page itself without downloading. And/or, if you’re comfortable generating an HTML page, upload an HTML file and choose “Automatically start on page load”.

5 Likes

A humble seed is planted…

3 Likes

I notice you jumped on that bandwagon with a pretty snazzy piece of cover art. Love the seed.

3 Likes

Ta. I’ve created the eponymous IFWiki page, with the effect that the dates now show up on the front page.
(I had to take slight liberties with IFWiki’s date schema; should probably chase whether it can be made to better accommodate multi-round comps.)

Thanks! Now uploaded to the main SeedComp! page. (I picked the itch version, since it seemed to have original author metadata.)
(Also I renamed that page to “SeedComp!”, since y’all are going hard on the punctuation :wink: )

Sure! The first version was a placeholder just because you were the only name I found on a hasty scrat around the SeedComp website, no intention of not crediting everyone.
I’ve added all five of you, as mentioned here and on various itch.io pages.

Anyone else should feel free to jump in and edit/correct these pages, btw, I'm not the sheriff of IFWiki.

(this is the sheriff of IFWiki)

🤠  howdy
   🧭🧭🧭
 🧭  🧭  🧭
 👇  🗺️🗺️ 👇
   🗺️   🗺️
   🗺️    🗺️
   👢    👢
6 Likes
>play with character B
That doesn't seem like it would be very much fun.

Harsh, dude.

5 Likes

LOL yes there’s some legacy code that assumes the player is still a toddler playing in a backyard.

…I am this close to cleaning this thing up and running StingComp for real.

7 Likes

tenor (1)

3 Likes

Yes please!

3 Likes

It does kind of seem like @DeusIrae is throwing some shade at me here. Surely not.

1 Like