Seattle area IF meetup reboot

One thing you can do in messages is “at” someone (like @okushimo ) which will put the message in a user’s notifications since you mentioned them.

2 Likes

The next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, June 13 from 2 PM to 4 PM PDT via Google Meet. We’ll play part of the Adventuron port of Brian’s 2017 game Swigian, then Brian will discuss working with the Adventuron system and give a short tutorial.

I’ll send out a calendar event with the Google Meet link by the end of this week. Send me a message if you’d like to attend but are not on our mailing list. As always, you’re welcome to join us even if you’re not in the Seattle area.

4 Likes

The next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, July 11 from 2 PM to 4 PM PDT via Google Meet. This month we’ll sample a few games from ParserComp 2021, which is open for judging until July 31.

If you’re not on the email list, please send me a message for the Google Meet link.

3 Likes

Apologies to everyone for the new and unexpected one-hour limitation of Google Meet.

2 Likes

We’ll plan to have the next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group on Sunday, August 22 from 2 PM to 4 PM PDT via Discord. This month we’ll have Astrid Dalmady as a special guest to present her game Tangaroa Deep. If time allows, we’ll also look at a sample of Arcane Intern (Unpaid).

Special thanks to Angelique for setting up our Discord server; I’ll send out the meeting invite to the email list once I figure out how to do that. If you’re not on the list, please send me a message for the link.

3 Likes

The next virtual meeting of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, September 12 from 2 PM to 4 PM via Discord. This month, Paxton will give a talk about working with Ink and Unity.

If you do not yet have access to the Discord, you can contact me for a link.

1 Like

(Message posted on Greg’s behalf)

Our annual IFComp virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, October 17 from 2 PM to 4 PM (ish) via Discord. Group members who have an entry in this year’s competition are encouraged to present their games; we’ll play a sample of each (about 30 min) and take questions as we go. This was a lot of fun last year, so we’re looking forward to being able to do it again.

6 Likes

The next virtual meetup for the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, November 14 from 2-4 PM PST via Discord. We’ll play a selection of games from this year’s EctoComp slate. EctoComp is open for judging from November 1-15.

Feel free to message me if you need the Discord link.

5 Likes

I’d love to show off my submission: The Lookout

3 Likes

Sounds good to me. You’re on the list.

The next virtual meetup for the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, December 12 from 2-4 PM PST via Discord. This month we’ll play a holiday-themed game or two (TBD).

2 Likes

The next virtual meetup for the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, January 9 from 2-4 PM PST via Discord. We’ll start off the new year by discussing games and special meeting topics to cover in 2022. What are you looking forward to playing most?

3 Likes

The next virtual meetup for the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, February 20 from 2-4 PM PST via Discord. This month, our special guest Daniel Ravipinto will present the 10th anniversary Inform 7 reimplementation of Slouching Towards Bedlam.

Message me if you need the Discord channel link.

5 Likes

@okushimo I have to admit defeat and consult a walkthrough! Apologies, but I wasn’t able to figure out how to PM you for a Discord link :slightly_smiling_face:

The next virtual meetup for the Seattle/Tacoma interactive fiction group will be on Sunday, March 6 from 2-4 PM PST via Discord. This month, our special guest Chandler Groover will present one of his Exceptional Stories from Fallen London. (We cleared this with Failbetter Games first.)

2 Likes

The next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, April 10, from 2 PM to 4 PM PDT via Discord. We’ll play and discuss samples of several different entries in this year’s Spring Thing festival.

Feel free to message me if you need the Discord link.

3 Likes

The next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, May 15, from 2 PM to 4 PM PDT via Discord. Ryan Veeder, Lance Campbell, and Polyducks will present and discuss Mud Warriors and their GB Studio adaptation.

4 Likes

The next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, June 5, from 2 - 4 PM PDT via Discord. This month we’ll discuss conversation systems for text games, with examples of several different styles and the strengths and weaknesses of each.

3 Likes

The next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, July 10, from 2 - 4 PM PDT via Discord. This month, Brian, Paul, and Angelique will lead a discussion on working with the Dialog development system.

3 Likes

I saw a link to the meetup on Emily Short’s blog. I just joined and can’t seem to message you, Greg. Could you message me with details for connecting to the meeting this Sunday?

1 Like