Seattle area IF meetup reboot

Oh me too—I’m in the same boat as Liz, I am new here and would love to join the Meetup on 3/21, but can’t figure out how to send you a message, Greg. Apologies for that, please advise :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem. I’ll send you the meeting link via PM. You can reply with your email address if you want to be put on the mailing list for future events as well.

1 Like

This was a total blast! Reading IF with a group was so much fun and not as terrifying as I was anticipating. Thanks to Greg and everyone for inviting me and participating!

6 Likes

Thanks very much for joining us! I’m glad that you had a good experience; we really appreciated hearing you read and talk about your game.

3 Likes

The next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, April 18, from 2 PM to 4 PM PDT via Google Meet. We’ll play and discuss samples of several different entries in this year’s Spring Thing festival.

As always, I’ll send out the Google Meet link to the email list. Please send me a message if you’d like the link or want to join the mailing list for future events. Feel free to join us even if you’re not in the Seattle area; it’s been great to be able to have people from all over join us for these meetings!

2 Likes

The next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, May 16, from 2-4 PM PDT via Google Meet. Abigail Corfman (@AbigailCorfman) will be joining us to discuss and play a demo of her new game Open Sorcery: Sea++ (available on Steam).

3 Likes

Hi Greg, I am yet another new member who can’t figure out how to send a PM :slight_smile:. Can you please send me a link for the next meetup? Thanks!

1 Like

One thing you can do in messages is “at” someone (like @okushimo ) which will put the message in a user’s notifications since you mentioned them.

2 Likes

The next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, June 13 from 2 PM to 4 PM PDT via Google Meet. We’ll play part of the Adventuron port of Brian’s 2017 game Swigian, then Brian will discuss working with the Adventuron system and give a short tutorial.

I’ll send out a calendar event with the Google Meet link by the end of this week. Send me a message if you’d like to attend but are not on our mailing list. As always, you’re welcome to join us even if you’re not in the Seattle area.

4 Likes

The next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, July 11 from 2 PM to 4 PM PDT via Google Meet. This month we’ll sample a few games from ParserComp 2021, which is open for judging until July 31.

If you’re not on the email list, please send me a message for the Google Meet link.

3 Likes

Apologies to everyone for the new and unexpected one-hour limitation of Google Meet.

2 Likes

We’ll plan to have the next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group on Sunday, August 22 from 2 PM to 4 PM PDT via Discord. This month we’ll have Astrid Dalmady as a special guest to present her game Tangaroa Deep. If time allows, we’ll also look at a sample of Arcane Intern (Unpaid).

Special thanks to Angelique for setting up our Discord server; I’ll send out the meeting invite to the email list once I figure out how to do that. If you’re not on the list, please send me a message for the link.

3 Likes

The next virtual meeting of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, September 12 from 2 PM to 4 PM via Discord. This month, Paxton will give a talk about working with Ink and Unity.

If you do not yet have access to the Discord, you can contact me for a link.

1 Like

(Message posted on Greg’s behalf)

Our annual IFComp virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, October 17 from 2 PM to 4 PM (ish) via Discord. Group members who have an entry in this year’s competition are encouraged to present their games; we’ll play a sample of each (about 30 min) and take questions as we go. This was a lot of fun last year, so we’re looking forward to being able to do it again.

6 Likes

The next virtual meetup for the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, November 14 from 2-4 PM PST via Discord. We’ll play a selection of games from this year’s EctoComp slate. EctoComp is open for judging from November 1-15.

Feel free to message me if you need the Discord link.

5 Likes

I’d love to show off my submission: The Lookout

3 Likes

Sounds good to me. You’re on the list.

The next virtual meetup for the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, December 12 from 2-4 PM PST via Discord. This month we’ll play a holiday-themed game or two (TBD).

2 Likes

The next virtual meetup for the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, January 9 from 2-4 PM PST via Discord. We’ll start off the new year by discussing games and special meeting topics to cover in 2022. What are you looking forward to playing most?

3 Likes

The next virtual meetup for the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be on Sunday, February 20 from 2-4 PM PST via Discord. This month, our special guest Daniel Ravipinto will present the 10th anniversary Inform 7 reimplementation of Slouching Towards Bedlam.

Message me if you need the Discord channel link.

5 Likes