Scenario Based Learning

Afternoon all,
I am new here, not sure if this is the right place etc. I am looking for scenerio based learning software, where I can create the following: based on the following scenario/situation, would you ost likey pick (a, b, c, or d) and whatever they pick (whether right or wrong), it takes you to the next scene or scenario. Or even the capability based on this scenario would you most like pick (a, b, c, d) and if it’s wrong it tells why, and you have to go back and make the correct selection, and tell you why it’s right. Hope all that makes sense. Thoughts/suggestions/Ideas? Thanks in advance
Respectfully,
Dr Bill

First question is, who are they? Are they people within a private network or are they anyone across the globe?

Is this your corporate entity? No problem if so, but that’s an important detail you might choose to mention up front.

I imagine most ChoiceIF platforms will work. Twine, Ink/Inkle, ChoiceScript to name a few. If you want more sophistication, then look for CYOA expansion/extensions of Quest, Inform, Adventuron, etc.

The trick is if you want to save custom form data. You may have to build your own system from scratch, depending on what you want. For example, if you want it on the web, then you may have to run your own server.

For my own training business that can be applied at any personal or organizational level

1 Like

Due to the vague wording, it’s a bit hard to figure out what you’re looking for. But you might be in overkill territory when reaching out for IF to solve this issue for you.

Frankly, it sounds like you’re setting up a multiple-choice test, or a form (as in Google Forms), or a poll (survey), and there are plenty of great apps/tools for designing those. Furthermore, just basic HTML in a Web 1.0 format would also do the trick (i.e. each answer is hyperlinked to an internal page).

That being said, if you really insist on IF for training your underlings, I think Twine or ChoiceScript would equally fit the bill.

Although note that ChoiceScript is only free for non-commercial use so you’d have to talk to them about a commercial license.

2 Likes