Saving Edits to Extensions

I’m looking to cut my code up into extensions so I can work towards a modular framework that can be reused across more than one game easily, and to keep things clean.

Right now, it’s kind of a pain because I can’t seem to figure out how to be able to “Save” in extensions, only “Save As…”

Is there a way to enable the ability to just save extensions directly?

Nevermind, I guess you have to put them in my documents…

I hate using Windows “my documents”, I don’t like being told where to put things. Oh well. Why is there an extensions folder in both places?

I suppose it would help if each user of a computer had their own extensions for Inform, and didn’t want someone else’s edits of them interfering with their own. Not that that would usually happen, I imagine if you had more than one Inform writer sharing your computer, you’d probably do a lot of collaborating.

I know that in Windows 7, the OS as it’s set up doesn’t like users moving and saving things in the Program Files where the default Inform extensions are, but it has no problem with the Users folders where your custom extensions are. I think it’s just one of those programming paradigms.

When you update the I7 application, you’re (probably) throwing away the folder in Program Files and installing new stuff. It would be bad if that meant throwing away all your downloaded and hand-edited extensions.