Saint City Sinners

A light absurdist farce in the noir genre. I’ve posted a review of it on my blog.

1 Like

Just finish going through a few rounds of this IF work today. It’s a fairly quick read and a lot of fun.

It is a wacky spoof of the noir genre, so there’s not a lot of internal logic to the choices or the consequences. You can’t really make any “bad” selections. Also, it has no game state, as far as I can tell. It is more like a traditional CYOA in an online format than it is an IF game.

Overall, the writing is solid and very funny. I did see a few grammar issues and some minor bugs which might benefit from some additional testing, but nothing show-stopping. This is the first entry I experienced in the competition that made me laugh out loud. It’s also a good piece to read aloud to others, particularly if all of you have a similar sense of humor to the author. I recommend checking it out.

1 Like

This one made me laugh out loud too! :slight_smile: I posted a review.

2 Likes

I just played through this last night along with a couple of others in Discord, it was hysterically funny. Best way to get another person to play is just to quote any random page at them because they almost all have something hilarious. Feels like the author had a lot of fun with this one.

2 Likes

I chuckled.