Ryan Veeder's Authentic Fly Fishing: Theories concerning plot

Joining the conversation!

I currently have 14 badges and I’m working on the crows at the playground to get my next one. I had a sneaky look at some of the spoiler tags in this thread and the main thing I don’t seem to have cracked yet is some kind of quiet area with a new bird and a geode?. I don’t know where that is. I’m also stuck on CALL MAMA STUPID FOR LUNCH.

Another one of my puzzling areas is the phone booth. Is there a way to remove the piece of styrofoam or decipher the secret messages?. And I wonder what the graffiti in the phone booth means…

Finally, I’m intrigued by the presence of two similar-seeming nightstands that turn up in two different locations and whether they have any significance…

I’m so fascinated by the game, but seem to have run up against my own limits for the time-being…

1 Like

Yes, the secret messages are just letter substitution ciphers and can be solved fairly easily. However, they’re only jokes, not important information or clues, as far as I know.

I would be very interested in text extracted from the story file.

I’ve picked up this game again recently and with a new safe file am hitting the limit on discoverable things, even if the limitation is only by my own creativity.

I do have an addition about Erica Nailer, however:

ask malcolm about erica

“Oh, yeah, I’ve heard of her.” He nods sagely. “She’s the human who burned down this walkway thing.”

ask malcolm about walkway
“Yeah, someone arsoned the bridge thing. But I guess it got put out before it burned all the way down. There used to be like a, lookout, I guess you’d call it, just past here.” He indicates an area floating in space. “They’d have parties and stuff. I think the fly fishing guys would induct new members here. Or at the cabin.” He motions to the east.

You also find the dirty key to the bird sanctuary/walkway in her fire pit. She burned down the walkway and tried to burn the key in the fire pit as well. I think it was all to get rid of the people she saw as being on “her” property, with the bird sanctuary included.

1 Like

hey, just going to resurrect a dead thread and ask what the parent key for the substitution cipher here is?

1 Like