Rule for printing the plural name

I am getting a programming error during runtime with this:

Rule for printing the name of a thing when the item described is unknown:
	say "[the singular of the object kind of the item described]";

Rule for printing the plural name of a thing when the item described is unknown:
	say "[the plural of the object kind of the item described]";

Only for the plural version. The singular works like a charm. I guess there isn’t actually a “printing the plural name” activity? How would I properly go about accessing whether the name being printed is plural or singular in just the printing the name one?

I am using Object Kinds, by Brady Garvin, but something tells me that the issue is not with that extension, but with my rule. It could be any text in there, but that’s the text I need.

Actually… I take that back… it is something with that text. I thought I had a handle on the Object Kinds extension, but I guess I’m doing something wrong or something isn’t jiving between some other part of my code and this extension…

Well, I’d still be interested to know why the singular works and not plural if anyone knows… but I’ve just done this in a totally different way now. I’ve just created a separate text for “known-printed-name” and “knonw-printed-plural-name” and a rule to substitute that text for the initial printed name texts when the item becomes known and that works.

What programming error do you get?

In each place where a printed plural name should go in the output it says:

[** Programming error: tried to print (string) on something not a string **]

Ok, I’ve looked at this. The Object Kinds extension is not completely compatible with 6L02. Its “say the plural of…” phrase needs to be changed:

To say the plural of (K - an object kind): (-
	switch ({K}) {
		0: print "objects";
		1: print "rooms";
		2: print "things";
		default:
			ok_imbue_selfobj({K});
			print (TEXT_TY_Say)(+ yourself +).(KindHierarchy-->(2 * {K}))::plural;
			ok_unimbue_selfobj();
	}
-).

Thanks! That resolved it.