Hey there! I’m still not done with the game I presented to IFComp this year. I was a bit disappointed at the end but most criticism received seemed quite right to me, Rio Alto could’ve been better in many regards and also quite a lot more accessible, so it’s never too late to amend certain things.
If my game is still on your play list, my recommendation is to wait a bit more. Final version may improve many aspects, here’s a provisional list:
- right mouse / double touch for quick “Luis-any other card” interaction
- scrolling output system instead page by page
- association adviser: once a card is being dragged game will suggest other cards that may trigger a reaction along selected card (can be disabled)
- Android/Linux/OSX native versions
- manual savegames, automatic save optional
- additional interface handling hints
- text size related fixes and improvements
- shadows disabled by default (noticeable performance increase on some systems)
- adjustable speed for text typing effect
Story related changes:
- Marta has a more prominent role in the story
- minor English translation improvements
If you are missing something important, please let me know.