Revolution 60 Closed Beta (graphical, iOS)

I’ve occasionally mentioned that, at my day job, I work for the indie studio Giant Spacekat on their launch title Revolution 60.

Revolution 60 is an iPad game about an all-female group of special agents infiltrating a space station to prevent potential nuclear war. It’s a cinematic, strongly narrative game with a narrative that’s guided by player choice (so, far more like Twine than parser IF, but still somewhere in the IF vicinity - think Mass Effect, if you’ve ever played those games.)

We’re reaching the end of our development cycle, and we’re looking for people to participate in a closed beta.

These are remote tests rather than in-person, so we can take people from anywhere in the world, but we do need you to own your own iDevice running iOS7.1 (iPad 2 or higher, or iPhone4S or higher.) The full game is about 3-5 hours long, depending on your skill level and the choices you make.

Want in? Email us at test@giantspacekat.com.

We have a limited number of spots available, so I can’t guarantee that we’ll include everyone, but I’ve really benefited from my membership in the intfiction.org community over the years, and I’d like to take this opportunity to suck the knowledge from your brains again give something back to the community.

Cheers,
Carolyn

As a (mostly!) unbiased third-party, I can confirm that this game is awesome, and if you have an iOS device (which I sadly do not), you should totally sign up for the beta.

Adri

It sounds amazing! The impulsive part of my brain is screaming ‘Sign up and play!’, but the rational part is patiently reminding it that I’m awful at testing. I’ll just have to wait impatiently until it comes out. Any idea when that might be?

No release date has been announced yet, but we’re awwwwwfully close to that time - that’s why we’re in closed beta now! (Sorry for the slow response, I’ve been travelling.)