Retrieving text from 'ask it about' or 'answer it that'?

I am using a token to allow a player to answer a bartender about many different words to get the same result.

For example:

Understand "beer/wine/liquor" as "[order]".

After answering bartender that "[order]", say "The bartender brings you your order."

But what I’d REALLY like it to be able to do here is repeat back to the player the same thing they typed. Here are three things I tried, but none of these work properly:

After answering bartender that "[order]", say "The bartender brings you your [order]."

After answering bartender that "[order]", say "The bartender brings you your [text]."

After answering bartender that "[order]", say "The bartender brings you your [noun]."

The last one actually compiles, but the only noun it returns is “bartender”. Apparently the word the player inputs as text is ignored as a noun.

Any ideas on how I could get this to work? Thank you.

– John M.

The token you are looking for is (probably) ‘[the topic understood]’.

Thanks, I’ll try this when I get home!

Quick question: where could I find this in the documentation? I had tried searching tokens; also I believe I ended up reading the entire chapter ‘Understanding’ but did not see this information.

I’m sure there is a more verbose way I could have figured out how to do this with IF statements, but this seems more elegant to me. Again, thank you :slight_smile:

– John M.

“Topic understood” is first mentioned in passing in review of chapter on basic actions (7.19.) and more thoroughly in chapter 16.5. (The text token) and in the review of chapter on understanding (16.22.)