Results of the 2011 IF Competition

Stephen–all downloaded. And dropbox-ed. Which I thought of 2 minutes after asking that question. I guess that’s how I roll.

I’m very worried by this-here flippancy, because I put thought and tender care into

my XYZZY response,

which is something every judge should look for.

Plus I had to take my pet into the vet two weeks ago for something minor, so not being able to update stuff and mention that might’ve cost me a half-point or something.

In that case, I hope my assumption that you used to dress in drag at college parties was accurate.

It was a high school party, but otherwise spot on. Well done!

Interesting observation, this.

Sargent, game 12 is still missing from ifcomp.org/comp11/prize-choices.php.

Looking at the prize list, Simon Christiansen sure is putting that donor through the paces. [emote]:)[/emote]

I must confess to a certain sadistic pleasure when choosing that prize. However, the German reviewer gave me the most positive review, so I figured he would appreciate a translation. Also, having the game translated into German seems like an excellent way to avoid the usual “no one reviews the post-comp release” problem. Releasing the post-comp version in both English and German is bound to get me some new reviews.

There was a tie for 13th place, so – oh, right. The tie means there’s no #14 slot, but there should be a #12 slot, and it is indeed missing.

The reviewer is a different german, though… [emote]:)[/emote]

I’m looking forward to this task, actually. Might be interesting. And perhaps quite a different game.

Well, if there’s one thing I learned from playing Wolfenstein, it’s that most Germans are identical.

(Just to be absolutely clear: I love Germany. I was at a great workshop in Düsseldorf last week, I was smart enough not to order Kölsch so I had a pleasant time, and the Germans were very non-identical.)

I loled [emote]:D[/emote]

Victor, all is forgiven since you hate Kölsch.

Actually, what I meant was that ordering Kölsch in Düsseldorf would have been a very bad thing. But, yeah, Kölsch is nothing special.

I only managed to truly play about 5 games this year. I wish I had managed to make more time. Looks like I’m going back to using the winner’s list as a guide to what to play later. Sorry about that, but congrats to all the winners! I will play your games.

Paul.

Yes, but I meant that the reviewer would appreciate having a translation available, not that he would appreciate translating it [emote]:)[/emote]. I am looking forward to working with you, too. I just need to finish the post-comp release first, so the translated version won’t be inferior to the english one.

That should be fixed now.