Removing default stuff.

I’m working on my first Inform game. I’m trying to implement my own conversation system. The first step is obviously to make a command to start a conversation with a character. Here’s what I have in my source:

Understand the command "talk" as something new. Talking is an action applying to one thing. Understand "talk to [someone]" or "talk with [someone]" or "speak to [someone]" or "speak with [someone]" or "converse with [someone]" as talking.

When I look in the index at the “Actions: Detail view” of “talking” I see this:

[code]Typed commands leading to this action

“talk to [someone]”

“talk with [someone]”

“answer to [someone]”

“answer with [someone]”

“converse with [someone]”

Rules controlling this action
[/code]

Where did the “answer” stuff come from? How do I get rid of it? Where’s my “speak” stuff?

That’s probably because, somewhere in the Standard Rules or elsewhere, is the line “Understand the command “answer” as “talk”.”

To get the functionality you want, try:

Understand the command "answer" as something new. Understand the command "talk" as something new. Talking is an action applying to one thing. Understand "talk to [someone]" or "talk with [someone]" or "converse with [someone]" as talking. Understand the command "speak" as "talk".(“Speak” will only appear in the main Actions index, not the Detail View of the Talking action).

Thanks.