questions about specific programming languages

Just a friendly note to new members: questions about a specific programming language should be posted on the board for that language, rather than here. So if you want to ask a question about how to do something in Inform 7, for instance, it should go on the Inform 6 and 7 board, not here. The Getting Started part of this board is more intended for general questions like “Which programming language should I use?”

It’s not a problem, it just makes it easier for people to find the topics they’re interested in reading. :slight_smile:

Why not also move the existing topics to the appropriate section?

I would if I were a mod. But I’m not, just a bossy person. :smiley:

I was going to answer one of the questions with TADS 3 code, but now someone’s mentioned it, it would seem cussed.

:neutral_face:

Ohh, I’m guilty of this one!

The board descriptions aren’t totally clear about it, though.

Maybe just “General game design” or “Game design” would be a better name for the board. Getting started -questions would probably find their way there either way.

I know. Don’t worry, you’re not the first person to be confused about it.

I agree. Maybe also add a note to the board description, mentioning that it’s an appropriate place for “which language should I use”-type questions. (Otherwise they might end up down in the Tools board…)

Maybe we could sticky this post?