Problems with lists of rules under 6E*

I’m trying to figure out how to fix a few older extensions to work with the newest build, partially as a learning exercise and partially because I’m mentioning them in my book.

One of these is Tutorial Mode by Emily Short, which currently wigs out on all the phrases related to “the completed instruction list,” a list of objects to which the one-time only tutorial rules are added as they are completed.

I’m trying to wrap my head around what ought to be done to correct this. I get that the old “rule” kind has been supplemented by more complex/variable terminology, but I’m not sure what you’d have to do to make this all work again. I tried something like this:

The completed instruction list is a list of values based rules producing values that varies.

…without success. Any insights?

Hm. This post confused me, since I thought I’d checked this extension; and indeed when I go back and run the extension example under 6E72, it compiles and runs as I would expect. There are a few things that appear to be cosmetic bugs that have cropped up through various changes, and I’m working on those. But I’m not getting a compiler error.

If you’re testing under 6E59, then my best guess is that it relates to a now-closed bug in core Inform.