Private Forum for Beta Testers

I’m getting close to wanting to get my Inform game into Beta test, but I would like to be able to set up a private forum so that we can all of us (Beta testers and myself) communicate together.

Is this something that I can do here, or does anyone know of anywhere where I could set such at thing up?

All the best

Richard

1 Like

Nowadays, I’d say the easiest way to do something like this is probably Discord, although that’s more of an instant messenger than a “true” forum.

1 Like

Richard,

I am a retired school teacher. I still maintain a website that I used back in the day. It contains a commercial Xenforo based discussion forum that has been dormant since I retired. I have maintained the site and and the discussion forum software. It is operational, secure and up to date.

If you would be interested in a private discussion area dedicated to your beta test I could set that up for you. You would be the moderator and no one would be allowed to access the area without your permission.

There would be no cost involved. I keep it for nostalgic reasons and may use it again sometime in the future.

If interested, send me a private message.

fos1

PS. I have no intention to step on this forum’s administrators. If they would like to facilitate the service or feel that this offer is improper, it will be withdrawn. Thank you.

1 Like

Easiest thing would be to start a group message here. You can add as many people as you like.

5 Likes

Yes, what Dannii said. You can invite multiple users to a private message, and it will behave just like a forum topic, only just visible to invitees. You can also add and remove people from the group message at any time.

1 Like