Poll: Should ParserComp amend its IFDB/IFArchive option?

I think you can always use a pseudonym. The problem is that it’s an extra burden on the author part. Traditionally speaking, you can put down 2 names: one is the copyright holder and author’s real name; the other is pseudonym. All neatly in one (credit) page.

So, that’s the upload fields. You see a field for name, but you don’t see a field for pseudonym.

It would also be helpful if posting in a forum, you can select which name you want, real or pseudonym. This is what I mean by enabling pseudonym, instead of the author having to create multiple accounts outside the publishing system.

In fact, in traditional publishing industry, it’s so easy that some authors have multiple pseudonyms. That’s rather commonly done. AFAIK, Harlan Ellison uses several, for example.

Edit:

Here’s an example of database hostile to pseudonym process:

There is no way to credit a Work or Edition by the pseudonym it was written and published under.

For example, Stephen King has published under two pseudonyms: Richard Bachman and Beryl Evans.

The only way I can credit these works in the database is to use Stephen King and then detail the pseudonym in the Annotation section. The result is the works published under Richard Bach or Beryl Evans can’t be separated in the Stephen King database.

From this page:

Edit:

Suppose a work has multiple authors. That is a problem, even in Amazon listing, and they have been at it for years! No problem with separate credits for author and illustrator. But multiple authors? first author, et al .

1 Like