I’m stuck in Point Blank Blank.
You are carrying:
an oversized pocketwatch
a torn envelope
a comedy routine script
You haven’t seen a chalkboard like this since you were at Oxford. You’ve written down what you know about the case:
- Norris spent an equal amount of time with each of the others.
- Glenn met Gerda for 10 minutes, after meeting with Norris.
- Magdalena was with Glenn at 6:00 and Matthew for 5 minutes just before the show.
- Matthew met with someone other than Glenn for 20 minutes.
- Gerda was Norris’s last meeting.
- It takes about 8 or 9 minutes to get from the music hall to Mr. Green’s flat, and another 8 or 9 minutes to get back.
- Nobody except Gerda knew about the lethality of blanks at close range until Norris informed them at their meeting.
- Glenn was either Norris’s first or second meeting.
- Glenn’s 10 minutes with Gerda must have occurred during Norris’s third meeting, between 6:30 and 6:45.
- Glenn was Norris’s second meeting: 6:15 to 6:30.
- Matthew was Norris’s first meeting: 6:00 to 6:15.
- The murderer was alone for about 20 minutes in one stretch.
- Magdalena was Norris’s third meeting: 6:30 to 6:45.
- Matthew did not spend 20 minutes with Magdalena.
- Matthew was with Gerda for 20 minutes.
- Matthew had no alibi for 10 minutes between 6:30 and 6:45.
- Glenn never had more than 15 minutes alone at any time.
- Glenn Clemente is innocent.
- Matthew’s 20-minute alibi occurred before the 10 minute period in the third quarter of the hour when he was alone.
- The most time Matthew could have had alone was 20 minutes, from 6:35 to 6:55.
- The most time Gerda had alone was 15 minutes, from 6:00 to 6:15.
- Matthew was with Gerda from 6:15 to 6:35 and alone from 6:35 to 6:45 at least.
- Gerda Cole is innocent.
- Magdalena could have had as much as 20 minutes alone, between her meeting with Glenn (6:00-?) and her meeting with Norris (6:30-6:45).[/spoiler]
The inspector hasn’t shown up yet. I think I must have forgotten to examine something? Or ask someone about something?