Player Experience Upgrade conflict with example from Recipe

I was going to use “Panaches” Plot Summary scoring system out of the Recipe Book (Chapter 11: 11.4 Scoring), but when I run the ‘Panaches’ example along with Player Experience Upgrade I get this:

Problem. In ‘The plot summary rule is listed instead of the announce the score rule in the carry out requesting the score rules’ , you talk about the position of the rule ‘the announce the score rule’ in the rulebook ‘the carry out requesting the score rules’, but in fact that rule isn’t in this rulebook, so the placing instruction makes no sense.

See the manual: 18.4 > Listing rules explicitly

When I remove Player Experience Upgrade from the game it works fine. I was thinking there must be something in the Player Upgrade Experience extension causing this, but have no idea how to troubleshoot it or identify the problem. Was wondering if somebody here knows how to implement a work-around for this?

Player Experience Upgrade (in this section) has already removed the announce the score rule from the rulebook and replaced it with the Neutral Library Messages announce the score rule. So my guess is that if you replace the line in the Panaches example with “The plot summary rule is listed instead of the Neutral Library Messages announce the score rule in the carry out requesting the score rules” everything will be fine.

Thanks Matt, that worked! :smiley: