placing object in random rooms of a region

When play begins, I need to move 4 objects, each into a random room within a region. Currently, I can do this but Sometime the objects appear together in the same room. How do I get them to be in different random rooms within the region.
I tried using the following [commented out] but it gives an error. I also looked at using a table but couldn’t see how to use the room name from the table to move the object to.

When play begins: move Obj1 to a random room in Start_Locns; [Remove the location of Obj1 from the Start_Locns;] move Obj2 to a random room in Start_Locns; move Obj3 to a random room in Start_Locns; move Obj4 to a random room in Start_Locns;
Thanks for any help or ideas.

[code]Definition: a room is empty if there is nothing in it.

When play begins:
move the apple to a random empty room in the start location area;
move the banana to a random empty room in the start location area;
move the cantaloupe to a random empty room in the start location area.[/code]

Thanks Draconis.
That will work if I move some other objects that need to be in specific rooms after setting the random ones as the definition will not apply to them.

If all the randomly-placed objects are of the same kind you can alter the definition to only include them.

You could even do it without kinds by setting a special property for the things that need to be deployed in this way. Something like:

A thing can be deployable. A thing is usually not deployable. Obj1 is deployable. Obj2 is deployable. Obj3 is deployable. Obj4 is deployable. Definition: A room is undeployed if it does not enclose a deployable thing. When play begins: repeat with the item running through deployable things: move the item to a random undeployed room in the Start Locations Area.

Ahh. Choices, choices.
I like your approach Matt w. Although I have already implemented Draconis’s answer. As I only had 4 other objects that had to be in the (possible) same room as the randomly inserted ones, it was a simple matter to move them in at the start of play.
I’ll keep this one for future reference though.
Many thanks to you both.

Look at the “Hatless” examples for more information.