PAX USB puzzler: abyss.z6

I am referring, of course, to this: ifwiki.org/index.php/PAX_USB_Drive

My hat is off to all the people involved who cracked as much of the puzzle as they have. Naturally enough, I did not shy from using their knowledge to extract the “Zork 1 - The Musical demo” and that weird clone of Seastalker called “Top Gun”.

I was not, however, able to use the parity files to reconstruct a RAR file. This is because it’s just outside of my abilities, apparently. Using QuickPar to process those files I end up with two new files: level3.par2 and level3.rar.par2. I just really have no idea how to proceed.

I would ask of any kind soul to please either enlighten me on how to proceed, or, I don’t know, do you happen to have the abyss.z6 file lying around? That’s what’s in that .rar, and that’s what I’d love to get my hands on. As a completionist and a collector of IF; whatever it is, whether it really is an early draft of Bob Bates’ last Infocom game or another joke, I would very much like to have it.

Any and all help appreciated!

EDIT - I would also dearly love a copy of “message.z5”, from the 2011 addition. EDIT: Thank you VERY much, genericgeekgirl! All I need now is the .z6 file or the means to get it! :smiley:

Really, I’d be quite content if someone could explain to me how the .PAR files work and how to rebuild them using QuickPAR and WinRAR. I could then do it myself.

Also, does anyone know of MadLibs from the IF Fan Fest 1998?

ifwiki.org/index.php/IF_Fan_Fest_1998

In fact, the faux transcripts from that Fan Fest would also be appreciated, but I’m not holding my breath for them. MadLibs is an actual ZCode entry, so I’m very interested in it for my collection

Two very kind people have been able to supply me with what I requested. I am very grateful to you both! And as per request, I shan’t be distributing abyss.z6 in my own collection.