Patrick's 2021 reviews

It’s a funny thing: of the five consecutive years I’ve been playing and voting on IFComp entries, I’ve been moving during Comp time during four of those years. This year is no exception, although since my partner and I just closed on a house, hopefully it’ll be the last year that that’s the case. For a while, anyway.

First review: Finding Light

12 Likes

Second review: The Spirit Within Us

5 Likes

Third review: What Heart Heard Of, Ghost Guessed.

6 Likes

Thank you so much, Patrick. That just made my day!
I’d love a DM listing the rough edges you’d like to see me clean up in the post-comp version, if you have time.

2 Likes

Fourth review: Second WInd

4 Likes

Fifth review: D’Arkun.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your kind words. It made me very happy that you enjoyed the game and that you played it through to the very end. If you have transcripts, feel free to send me them I’m happy to get feedback!

2 Likes

I’ll PM you with a transcript!

Sixth review: Brave Bear

1 Like

Seventh review: The Song of the Mockingbird

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your in-depth review. I’m glad you liked it, and you’ve given some work to do for the post-Comp release. :grinning:

1 Like

Let me know if you want a play transcript. It really was a fun game!

1 Like

Sure, that would be great! Just drop it in my messages. Thanks!

1 Like

Eighth review: Ghosts Within

5 Likes

Wow! I’m actually taken aback by how much you’ve enjoyed my game! Your review is very honest and fair, and proves, as you claimed, that you’ve taken your sweet time with Ghosts Within, which makes me really happy! Indeed, in the latest and for the time final updated version (19 October) for the If Comp, I’ve already fixed most of the flaws you mention in your review, especially the linguistic errors! And, just so you know, I also intend to extend my game a bit more by adding a few extra things in it after the competition is over. I’ll pm you when that happens. :wink:
In the meantime, if you intend to revisit Ghosts Within, be sure to try the newer version. Thanks a lot @patrick_mooney!

— Kyriakos

6 Likes

My pleasure! It really was a lot of fun and I was blown away by it in a lot of ways. Please do PM me when the post-Comp version comes out and I’ll go back to it then!

2 Likes

Ninth review: Codex Sadistica

2 Likes

I’ve been mostly offline, voting on my phone and writing reviews on my laptop and not posting them, while moving. Here’s the last group of reviews, now that I’m briefly back online.

My review of Sting seems to have disappeared and I’ll have to re-write it. That was a fun, unconvential piece, quite moving. I’m not going to re-post it tonight, though.

3 Likes

Glad you liked the game, but ugh, sucks that the review vanished. Thanks for rewriting the it - I know it can be irritating go back over ground you’ve already covered so I appreciate it!

1 Like