ParserComp: Let the judging begin!

Is that the one with the optional sound puzzles that I turned off because I don’t like sound, or am I thinking of Delphina’s House?

Oops. My apologies - I had Chlorophyll and Delphina’s House mixed up.

Delphina’s House is affected by using Gargoyle, Chlorophyll is not.

Correction #2: Delphina’s House runs just fine if you’re on Gargoyle - you just need to make sure to choose the “Gargoyle” sound setting at the opening prompt.

Oh, in case it helps anyone, I posted a walkthrough for A Long Drink, which you can grab over at the IFDB entry for the game.

Just a quick update - where possible, the ParserComp games are all set up for online play now.

The exceptions are An Adventurer’s Backyard, which is in ADRIFT, Mean Streets, which is in TADS 2, and Three Days of Night, which is in TADS 3. I don’t think these games can be set up online, but if I’m wrong, please let me know and I’ll fix it.

Thanks!

ADRIFT games can be played online via the Webrunner. It runs from the main ADRIFT site but I’m pretty sure it can be set up to run from other websites as well.

T3 games can be played online, see ifdb.tads.org/t3run?id=4l33jjyso … peWebUI.t3.

How it works? Haven’t the faintest.

EDIT - Looks like if the author wants the game to be played online they’ll have to make a web version of the game themselves. Then IFDB can host it, and allow multi-user play, which sounds intriguing.

EDIT 2 - Should the T3 author want to consider it, they’ll find this useful: tads.org/t3doc/searchGo.php? … /webui.htm. It’s not something you can whip up yourself, I’m afraid, cvaneseltine, so as it currently stands it is indeed not playable online-

In fact, it talks here on the ADRIFT forum about getting the Webrunner set up

forum.adrift.co/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11080

Or you could just, you know, use this link directly.

play.adrift.co/?game=http://www. … yard.blorb

Yeah, or that. If you’re one of those people who finds clicking on a link easier than setting up software you’re unfamiliar with [emote]:)[/emote]

Yeah, personally I find the webrunner rather ugly and much prefer to download and play, but if you prefer to play games online rather than fiddle with lots of interpreters - and Adrift is particularly guilty, as each major version required a brand new interpreter! - the linkity-link will be your friend.

Actually I’d never play a game online if I could help it. And yes, the Webrunner is a bit of an eyesore. It would need an option to change the colours to something else before I’d use it for anything.

Thank you very much for the play.adrift link, Peter! Updated accordingly.

Hey all, here’s a quick update on the online thing.

I uploaded Three Days of Night (Web UI edition) to ifarchive several days ago, but it hasn’t posted as of yet. When it does, I can set the ifdb to include a “Play Online!” link on the stub.

It looks as though most folks would rather download anyway, so I don’t see this as being a huge deal for the competition.

Yay! Three Days of Night is now posted on the ifarchive. The “Play Online” link on the game’s ifdb stub is active and works. Or you can click here to go straight to the game.

Thanks to the volunteers at ifarchive.

Hooray! Site updated.

CLICK HERE for my mini-review & Let’s Play of Caelyn Sandel’s “Sunburn”!

I’m going to attempt to play at least 7 randomly selected ParserComp entries before Saturday at midnight. I’m curious if it’s ok to fill out judging forms as I go, or should I wait to be sure I’ll have played 7 by the deadline. And I’d like to post public reviews of the entries, but it seems better to allow the authors to apply the comments they receive to polish the entries before reviewing them. If I were to full out judging forms for fewer than 7 entries, would the entrants see my comments, even if the scores aren’t used for contest results?

If you post judging forms for fewer than 7 entries, the entrants will still receive your comments, but the numeric scores won’t be used.

Has anyone played Delphina’s House with sound on Linux? What interpreter should I be using? I’m working on compiling glulxe and gtkglk but I’m not too optimistic I’m going to get it all working… Is there an easier way? Like, ideally, a Debian package?