ParserComp 2021: Bitterly Indifferent Comments

I got off to a late start with ParserComp this year, but I’m sharing my opinions on my blog. (This thread will be updated as new entries are added.)

7 Likes

Snowhaven asks the player to uses simple objects for some basic tasks while relationships and memories add narrative weight to the proceedings. The black-and-white graphics made effective contributions to the story’s wintry atmosphere.

7 Likes

Waiting for the Day Train uses its initial text and graphics to establish what will happen if you miss your train. The game’s main environment is serene and natural, but a feeling of tension keeps things moving.

7 Likes

Thanks for playing and reviewing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Foreign Soil starts out strong, with effective writing that clearly establishes the main character’s situation and how they feel about it. My only complaint is that I wish it offered a longer experience.

2 Likes

Daddy’s Birthday feels like a thoughtfully negotiated compromise. It’s an interactive experience that maintains the spirit of its original ideas, and I hope its creators continue to explore new frontiers in game design.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! (I read the full version on your blog) I’m so glad you enjoyed it.

2 Likes