Parser Comp 2021 - 2 weeks for voting

Two weeks to record ratings for Parser Comp 2021 entries.

As most of you know, Adam has personal issues that he has to take care of. He has given me admin rights to Parser Comp 2021 - I am just helping out. Adam is still the lead and deserves all of the credit for his work.

If any of you have any concerns or issues that need to be addressed, please let me know. I will do what I can to resolve them.

Thank you

13 Likes

Thanks for the notice! I’d like to point out to potential voters that Somewhere, Somewhen has only 2 votes as of today. The author has recently put up a complete walkthrough for this game. If you can run it on your system and only have time to play 1 game, it might be worth playing the one with the least feedback so far.

11 Likes

Thank you for the heads up. I will give it a go this weekend.

5 Likes

I think that’s good advice. As it happens, I’m playing Somewhere, Somewhen right now and really enjoying it. I am putting my ratings in a spreadsheet and will submit them closer to the deadline.

9 Likes

I am voting right now. I have played almost all games till end or for about an hour, or even more, last days.
I haven’t had time to write any review by now. I hope I can write some experiences in itchio entries from time to time.

Good job fos1.

8 Likes

My lazy self is holding out hope that other games will have walkthroughs, too, because I might not have the time to see them all.

Yours got a very nice one from David Welbourn, of course. But I think it’s nice to be able to experience at least part of a game, even if I can’t experience all the cool stuff the author wants to show me. You never know what neat blind alleys you might find, but you also sadly don’t have infinite time.

I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen so far and also I’m glad at least one other person is organizing their votes before submitting them near to the deadline. Always neat to see the late votes drop in to an itch.io comp, whether or not I have anything entered.

3 Likes