Parchment!

Hero. :slight_smile:

I have been using Parchment on my own server, as a way of introducing people to IF.

All of the z formats work great (I use the zcode2js converter) but I can’t seem to get Glulx games to load… either converted or straight as they were created by Inform 7.

I get the error “Parchment could not load load the story. Check your connection, and that the URL is correct.” using the straight xyz.ulx file, and a blank screen after loading if I use the xyz.ulx.js file from the converter.

Is it not possible for me to host Glulx games on my server? Or am I just missing something?

Oh, and I am using the parchment version from 3/24/2011.

Thanks!

Edit to add: Okay, the xyz.ulx.js file is loading… it is just taking about 30 seconds after the screen blanks. I wasn’t waiting that long after the “Parchment is Loading” screen went away. So everything is working. I was just used to faster z-code loads. So, never mind. :slight_smile:

Okay, here is a real issue… :wink:

In The Reliques of Tolti-Aph (game I decided to test with) the status bar is not showing. It shows in Inform, but not Parchment.

Do I need to change something to get it to show? The z-code games all show the status bar.

Try the quixe branch which shows the status line. There are likely to be bugs, so please report them in the bug tracker.

Quixe branch? Do you mean the Quixe branch off of github? github.com/erkyrath/quixe? Or the src/quixe folder under Parchment for a different quixe.js?

No, Parchment’s quixe branch: github.com/curiousdannii/parchment/tree/quixe

Cool! Thanks, I hadn’t seen this.

Will it still play z-code games as well, or should I install it in another directory for testing Glulx games?

No it plays both. I just ported GlkOte to jQuery, but I haven’t tested it thoroughly so there are still likely to be bugs.

Alright, I will report any problems I find in the bug tracker!

Thanks again!

So far it looks great!

I will torture it more tomorrow and let you know what I find. :wink:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Screen reader not reading long responses in Parchment