OMG Crow! [requested topic split]

I’m guessing we definitely used up all of our cat toy retrievals at this point. Thank you @HanonO for humoring us. I’ll take more care not to derail my own topics in the future.

Topic drift is no problem. Requesting a split is fine, especially if others have derailed someone else’s topic into something legitimately worth a new topic, or if it’s irrelevant to the original subject and could clutter the original idea. I was just being a bit sassy last night. :grinning:

That said, I’m always much more receptive to a quick-and-easy request like @Adam_S saying “can you split this topic at this point, please” with some instruction as opposed to “good luck sorting this all out for us while doing your unpaid job, Hanon, LOL!” Buttering the bread instead of smacking it around always makes better toast! :bread:

1 Like

That’s fair and I do apologize. I wasn’t so much directly requesting a split myself as I was simply agreeing with Adam, but rereading that I can see how poorly that landed. I am sincerely an extremely literal person and frequently stick my foot in my mouth as a result as I don’t always reflect on connotation and tone, as anyone in the Interact-IF discord is probably thoroughly aware of after I accidentally nuked the writing advice channel.

Again, I am sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent.

It’s all good, no offense taken, I was just playing since it was right before bed and I was like “I have no desire to pore through this thread and figure out what goes in each topic.”

On my side with managing topics, the easiest thing to do is make a clean “select & below” snip. I also have “select & replies” which will just pull anything and messages that were direct replies to it, but that depends on which “reply” button each responder hit: the reply to post or the reply-to-thread buttons. Alternately I can pick topics piecemeal, and that’s the one that kind of makes me grumble in a thread I have to go through and review closely, so some instruction of where you want a topic split is always appreciated!

1 Like

I would say this approach works as a respectful homage to Infocom’s history while distancing the events of the fictional (and ostensibly NOT unreleased Infocom IP) game enough to not break any accepted community norms. It’s also a fairly good premise. Two thumbs up! :+1: :+1:

What say you, @zarf ? Did Zed clear the bar?

1 Like

Yeah, that seems fine.

3 Likes